My game engine has a name: MonkeyPox.
Planned features for MonkeyPox:
- It will be written in C++, fully object-oriented.
- It will be written using the OpenGL and SDL APIs.
- It will be cross-platform. Development will be done on Linux and Mac OS X. Milestone builds will be built and tested on Windows.
- It will load models and levels of currently-undecided formats (possibilities: Quake 2/3 BSP and MD2/MD3, 3D Studio Max .3ds, and others).
- It will not inspire fear in John Carmack. :) But it will make for a great class project, and tech demo come time for employment.